About the venue
UBS Arena is located at 2400 Hempstead Turnpike in Elmont, near the Queens-Nassau County border. It's the home of the New York Islanders. The arena also hosts other special events, such as concerts.
Option 1: Take the Long Island Rail Road.
UBS Arena can be reached from three stations, all of which are accessible:
- Elmont-UBS Arena: This station is on the LIRR's Hempstead Branch. Until we finish the station in late 2022, only eastbound trains will stop here, and only on event days. The station is about half a mile from the arena, and shuttle buses are available.
- Belmont Park: This special event station is across the street from the arena.
- Queens Village: This station is on the LIRR's Hempstead Branch, though we will add stops on Port Jefferson and Ronkonkoma Branch trains before and after events. Shuttle buses are available to and from the arena.
Because Elmont-UBS Arena station is only served in one direction, your routes to and from the event might not be the same. We strongly recommend that you download the LIRR TrainTime app to find the best station and route for your trip.
Fare: $3.25-$17.75 for most people, depending on your origin station.
Regardless of which of the three stations you use, buy a ticket to Elmont-UBS Arena station.
If you are traveling from the Port Jefferson, Ronkonkoma, Oyster Bay, or Hempstead branches, select the direct travel option. The ticket will be accepted on all reasonable routes between your origin and any of the three stations, even if you need to travel via Jamaica or use a shuttle bus to complete your trip.
If you have a monthly ticket that includes Fare Zone 4, you can use your ticket to travel to the arena via any of the three stations. A special ticket is not required for travel to Belmont Park.
To UBS Arena
All Hempstead-bound trains before the event will stop at Elmont-UBS Arena. If you are coming from Penn Station for a weekend event, you will likely have to change at Jamaica for these trains.
You can also take one of two special shuttle trains that will run from Jamaica to Belmont Park before each event.
If you are coming from Nassau or Suffolk counties on the Hempstead, Port Jefferson, or Ronkonkoma Branches, most westbound trains will stop at Queens Village station.
From UBS Arena
Two shuttle trains will leave Belmont Park at the end of each event. The first one leaves 15-20 minutes after the event ends. Change at Jamaica for Penn Station, Atlantic Terminal, and all other branches.
You can also take a shuttle bus to Queens Village station, where trains towards Huntington, Ronkonkoma, Penn Station, and Atlantic Terminal will be available.
Because Elmont-UBS Arena station is only served in the eastbound direction, you should only use it for your return trip if you are traveling to a station along the Hempstead Branch.
Option 2: Take the bus.
- Check service status before you go. Schedules are subject to change. Be sure to check the status of your subway, bus, or rail line before heading out.
- Consider contactless. OMNY, our new contactless payment system, is available in all subway stations and aboard all buses. Learn more about how OMNY works.