Another month of summer is gone, but there's still plenty of time to enjoy all the season has to offer. Whatever you decide to do this weekend — whether that's catching a breeze at a rooftop bar, heading to the beach, or staying cool while exploring a museum — we're here to get you where you're going.
For more details on how service will be affected across all modes of transit, check out our Planned Work tool and search for your subway, bus, or rail line.
These service changes are subject to change, so check the MTA homepage before heading out; it's where you'll find up-to-the-minute information on subway, bus, and rail service.
Major subway service changes
There's no downtown local service on the lines this weekend between 125 St and Canal St (except at 50 St on the line; see below).
- Late nights, when trains typically run local, they will run express from 125 St to Canal St.
- trains are running express from 125 St to 59 St-Columbus Circle, then on the line from 59 St-Columbus Circle to 34 St-Herald Sq. From there, they will run via the line to Jay St-MetroTech.
- trains are running on the express track from 42 St-Port Authority Bus Terminal to Canal St.
- For service to/from 42 St-Port Authority Bus Terminal, 34 St-Penn Stations, 14 St, Canal St, Chambers St, Fulton St, and High St, take the .
- For service from 50 St, take a World Trade Center-bound to W 4 St-Wash Sq for service on the lower level.
- For service from 23 St and Spring St, take an uptown train.
- Reminder: trains don't run overnight.
trains, Brooklyn and Queens
Trains are not running between Court Sq and Nassau Av in either direction from 9:45 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday because of equipment installation work.
- Free shuttle buses are running between Court Sq and Nassau Av. Look for signs outside affected subway stations to locate the shuttle bus stop nearest you.
- trains are running between Nassau Av and Church Av.
Trains are not running between 121 St and Jamaica Center in either direction 24/7 into Fall 2022 because of track and concrete replacement work.
- trains are running between Broad St and 121 St, and terminate at 121 St.
- For service between 121 St and Jamaica Center, take a free J99 shuttle bus to/from the Jamaica-Van Wyck station. There, you can catch an train to/from Sutphin Blvd-Archer Av-JFK Airport and Jamaica Center.
- LIRR will cross-honor MetroCards at Atlantic Terminal, Nostrand Av, East New York, Jamaica, Hollis, Queens Village, St Albans, Locust Manor, Laurelton, and Rosedale.
Trains are not running between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and Prospect Park in either direction from 11:45 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday because of track maintenance.
- trains are running in two sections:
- Between 96 St and Coney Island-Stilwell Av, making some stops on the and lines.
- Between Coney Island-Stillwell Av and Prospect Park on the line: This train serves as a shuttle for service to/from regular line stations in Brooklyn.
- In Brooklyn:
- trains from Manhattan only stop at Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr, 36 St, 59 St, and Coney Island-Stillwell Av on the line.
- trains to Manhattan only stop at Coney Island-Stillwell Av, Bay Pkwy, 62 St, 9 Av, 36 St, and Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr on the line, then run on the line to Canal St.
- For DeKalb Av, take the via transfer at Canal St or Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.
- At Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr, board trains on the platform.
- Free shuttle buses are running to/from Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr, 7 Av, and Prospect Park. Look for signs outside these subway stations to locate the shuttle bus stop closest to you.
- See a map of these service changes.
trains, Staten Island
Trains are not running between St George and Eltingville in either direction from 1 a.m. Saturday to 4 a.m. Monday.
- Free shuttle buses are running between St George and Eltingville. Look for signs outside affected train stations to locate the shuttle bus stop nearest you.
- trains are running between Eltingville and Tottenville.
Other service changes
Bronx-bound trains are not stopping at 138 St-Grand Concourse from 9:45 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday because of track maintenance.
- For service to/from 138 St-Grand Concourse, take a Manhattan-bound train.
Pelham Bay Park-bound trains are running on the express track from Hunts Point Av to Pelham Bay Park from 3:45 a.m. Saturday to 10 p.m. Sunday because of track maintenance.
- For service to/from bypassed stations, take a Brooklyn Bridge-bound train.
Manhattan-bound trains are running on the express track from Mets-Willets Pt to 74 St-Broadway from 3:45 a.m. Saturday to 10 p.m. Sunday because of track replacement.
- For service to/from bypassed stations, take a Flushing-Main St-bound train.
Coney Island-bound and Church Av-bound trains are running on the express track from Smith-9 Sts to Church Av from 9:45 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday because of station maintenance.
- For service to/from bypassed stations, take a Queens-bound or Nassau Av-bound trains.
trains, Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens
Coney Island-bound trains are running on the express track from Astoria Blvd to Queensboro Plaza from 3:45 a.m. Saturday to 10 p.m. Sunday because of track replacement.
- For service to/from bypassed stations, take a Ditmars Blvd-bound train.
Uptown trains are running on the line from DeKalb Av to Canal St from 12:01 a.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday because of communications improvement work.
- Uptown trains will make all stops between DeKalb Av and Canal St.
- Board uptown trains on the platform at Canal St.
Long Island Rail Road service changes
Oyster Bay, Port Jefferson, and Ronkonkoma branches
Trains are not running between Jamaica and Hicksville in both directions because of construction related to the LIRR Expansion Project.
- From Hicksville, take a shuttle train to Babylon for service towards Jamaica and Penn Station.
- Oyster Bay Branch trains will run between East Williston and Oyster Bay. Shuttle buses connect East Williston, Mineola, and Hempstead.
- For stations New Hyde Park through Westbury, use nearby NICE buses or Hempstead Branch stations.
Eastbound trains towards Jamaica are not stopping at Woodside (with the exception of Port Washington branch trains) from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- For eastbound service to/from Woodside, take the .
- Customers may present their train ticket to the station agent at 61 St-Woodside for entry to the subway.
Eastbound trains will skip Forest Hills and Kew Gardens from 12:01 a.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- The subway will cross-honor LIRR tickets at 34 St-Penn Station, Forest Hills/71 Av, and Kew Gardens/Union Turnpike. Show your LIRR ticket to a station agent for access.
We always recommend checking our real-time information before you leave on a trip. Use the MYmta or TrainTime app, or check our homepage.
You can also contact us in real-time for help planning your trip. We’re reachable via phone, on Twitter, WhatsApp, and more.