There will be no service between Mineola and Huntington/Farmingdale on Saturday, March 5, and Sunday, March 6, as we test new signals near Carle Place in preparation for the new third track between Hicksville and Floral Park, part of the LIRR Expansion Project. Service changes begin at 12:15 a.m. on Saturday morning and continue until early Monday morning.
Please consider using the Babylon, Hempstead, or Montauk Branches to avoid busing and rerouted trains on these two weekends.
Port Jefferson Branch
- Penn Station-Mineola: Hourly train service.
- Mineola-Huntington: Hourly bus service, connecting with train service at both ends. Buses will make stops at Mineola, Hicksville, Syosset, Cold Spring Harbor, and Huntington.
- Carle Place & Westbury: No train or shuttle bus service. LIRR tickets will be cross-honored on the n22/n24 NICE Bus routes for service to/from Mineola, where train service will be available, as well as to/from Hicksville, LIRR where substitute bus service will be available. Visit www.nicebus.com for schedules.
- Huntington-Port Jefferson: Train service every two hours.
Train service will resume on Monday morning with the 5:08 a.m. from Huntington and 5:16 a.m. from Jamaica.
- Penn Station-Ronkonkoma: Bi-level diesel trains will run every two hours. Between Jamaica and Farmingdale, trains will travel via Babylon and will change directions twice, but not make any station stops. This means that your trip will take up to 50 minutes longer than normal. A local bus will connect Farmingdale, Bethpage, Hicksville, and Mineola for intra-island travel. Realtime information for these trains will not be available on the TrainTime app.
- Ronkonkoma-Greenport: Trains will operate on adjusted schedules, with departures from Greenport at 12:37 p.m. and 6:37 p.m.
- Bethpage Station: No train service. Customers going to Jamaica or points west will board buses to Farmingdale to connect with diverted train service.
On Monday morning, if you normally take the 1:17 a.m. from Penn Station, please take the 1:12 a.m. train to Mineola, where bus service will be available to all Ronkonkoma Branch stations. Train service will resume with the 3:33 a.m. from Penn Station and 4:06 a.m. from Ronkonkoma.
Oyster Bay Branch
- Eastbound trains will depart up to 50 minutes earlier than normal.
Babylon and Montauk Branches
- Some eastbound trains will leave Penn Station up to 10 minutes earlier than normal.
All Other Branches
- Please check revised schedules for possible changes in connecting train times.
- Due to the reduced number of trains running between Jamaica and Penn, you may wait longer than normal at Jamaica for connecting service.
For more information
Customer Service Center agents are available to answer questions via live chat or phone between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m., daily. For service related questions, chat live with customer service agents through the LIRR TrainTime app. To speak with an agent, call 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477) and say “Representative” when the prompts begin. Automated schedule information is available via phone 24/7.