Special weekend timetables will be in effect for all branches February 12-13 as we test switches near Carle Place as part of the LIRR Expansion Project. To allow this work to proceed, the LIRR will suspend Main Line train service between Hicksville and Jamaica. Key service impacts and alternatives appear below:
Huntington/Port Jefferson and Ronkonkoma Branches: Westbound train service terminates at Hicksville. Transfer to a diesel shuttle train stopping at Bethpage and Babylon, where electric train service will resume. For eastbound customers, reverse the process by traveling to Babylon, boarding a diesel shuttle train stopping at Bethpage and Hicksville, where electric train service will resume. Please allow up to 60 minutes of additional travel time.
New Hyde Park, Merillon Avenue, Mineola, Carle Place and Westbury Stations: No train service. As an alternative, use the Hempstead Branch, where weekend service will be increased from hourly to half-hourly, or NICE Bus service. LIRR tickets will be cross-honored on the N22/24 bus routes for service between Hicksville & Mineola, and the N40/N41 bus routes for service between Mineola & Hempstead. See www.nicebus.com for schedules.
Note: Between midnight and 5 a.m., the LIRR Expansion Project team will provide shuttle buses stopping at Mineola and Hicksville as an alternative for customers at these two Main Line stations when NICE Bus service is unavailable.
Oyster Bay Branch: Service will operate every two hours. All trains terminate/originate at East Williston Station. Take free LIRR shuttle buses between East Williston, Mineola and Hempstead, where half-hourly train service will be available, or use the Port Washington Branch.
Hempstead Branch: Service will be increased from hourly to half-hourly to help accommodate affected customers.
Additional branches: While there are no major service changes on other branches, check the TrainTime app or view/download PDF timetables online for minor changes in departure and connecting train times that may affect your trip.
- Sign up for E-Alerts at mymtaalerts.com. View PDF timetables at web.mta.info/lirr/Timetable/. Printed timetables will not be distributed.
- Masks are required onboard trains and inside station buildings and enclosed platform waiting rooms, regardless of vaccination status. While onboard, masks must completely cover your nose and mouth and remain on for the duration of your travel, including on LIRR shuttle buses.
- Use the LIRR TrainTime app to plan your trip and track real-time customer loading information to find the least crowded cars on any train.
- To avoid delays and transfers, use the Babylon, Hempstead, Montauk or Port Washington Branches.
- Parking restrictions/fees are waived at many stations on weekends. Visit web.mta.info/lirr/parking/weekendparking.htm to learn more.
- Look for LIRR personnel at key locations and listen for station and onboard announcements regarding track and platform changes.
For more information
Customer Service Center agents are available to answer questions via live chat or phone between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m., daily. For service related questions, chat live with customer service agents through the LIRR TrainTime app. To speak with an agent, call 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477) and say “Representative” when the prompts begin. Automated schedule information is available via phone 24/7.