The renovation of Westbury Station enters a new stage on Monday, August 9, with the opening of the Westbury North Parking Garage (WNPG).
About the Westbury North Parking Garage
The WNPG will dramatically expand parking opportunities at Westbury Station. The clean and brightly lit 683-space garage includes 376 Village of Westbury Resident Permit spaces and 307 daily metered spaces. The WNPG will be open 24/7 and is owned by the LIRR and operated by a third-party operator (Allpro Parking).
Garage Parking Layout and Fee Structure
Parking Levels L (Lower), G (Ground), and 2nd Level:
- Village of Westbury Parking Permit required on weekdays from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., excluding holidays. No overnight parking allowed. The Village will enforce parking restrictions on these levels.
Parking Levels 3 and 4:
- Daily metered parking (non-resident/non-permit holder parking). Allpro Parking will enforce parking restrictions on these levels.
- Up to 20 hours: $6
- Up to 24 hours: $12 (10-Day Maximum)
- No fee required weekends or holidays
Pay Stations: 6 in total, conveniently located near stairwells:
- Daily Parking: Pay by Space
- Accepts Cash, Credit, Debit (no change given)
- Note: Train information display screens are located near each pay station.
Pay by Cell using Passport Parking App:
- Customers can conveniently pay and/or extend their parking stay from anywhere using the Passport Parking App.
Realtime Parking Availability:
- The WNPG has a monitor mounted on the exterior of each entrance that displays the number of available spaces in the garage at any time.
- There are nine in total. Customers can use the Help Point intercom to obtain basic travel information (511) or summon help in an emergency with the push of a button.
- The WNPG has two elevators and is ADA-compliant.
Additional Parking Information:
There are 106 spaces in the adjacent surface lots that require a Village of Westbury Resident permit.
South Parking Lot/Underpass Changes
The following changes will also go into effect at Westbury starting on Monday, August 9:
- The surface parking lot on the south side of the station will close.
- The underpass connecting the westbound and eastbound platforms will close.
- Personnel will be on site Monday to allow access to the underpass as needed; the underpass will close completely on Tuesday, August 10. Please allow additional time if crossing to/from the opposite station platform at Post Avenue.
A wayfinding map appears below.
The LIRR Expansion Project will add a third track along nearly 10 miles of right-of-way between Floral Park and Hicksville, increasing capacity, improving reliability and creating new service opportunities. Visit amodernli.com to learn more.
For more information
Customer Service Center agents are available to answer questions via live chat or phone between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m., daily.
For service related questions, chat live with customer service agents through the LIRR TrainTime app. To speak with an agent, call 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477) and say “Representative” when the prompts begin. Automated schedule information is available via phone 24/7.