About the venue
MetLife Stadium opened in 2010, replacing Giants Stadium at the Meadowlands Sports Complex in New Jersey.
The stadium is home to the New York Giants and New York Jets. When it's not being used for football, it hosts concerts and special events.
The MTA's commuter railroads — Long Island Rail Road and Metro-North — and NJ Transit have teamed up to offer a combination ticket so that fans can travel to games and shows with ease.
The stadium's website has more information about the facility, including other public transit options and driving directions.
- Take a regularly scheduled LIRR train to Penn Station. If you are taking Metro-North to Grand Central, you will need to take the or to Times Square, then transfer to a southbound or train to Penn Station. Port Jervis and Pascack Valley Line customers can take their trains directly to Secaucus Junction to transfer to the Meadowlands shuttle.
- At Penn Station, proceed to the NJ Transit concourse to take a train to Secaucus Junction, which is an approximately 12-minute ride. Check NJ Transit monitors for track assignments for trains to "SEC," or listen for announcements. NJ Transit tracks are numbered 1-12; some trains may use LIRR tracks 13-16.
- At Secaucus Junction, show your rail ticket at the gate and then follow the signs to the lower level for the stadium shuttle train. Shuttle service runs frequently, starting approximately three and a half hours before each game and up to two hours after the game. Shuttle service varies for other events, such as concerts.
Verify your itinerary on NJ Transit's website, which has schedules to the Meadowlands from New York Penn Station or Secaucus Junction.
Customers must have either a joint LIRR/NJ Transit ticket to the Meadowlands or a NJ Transit-only ticket from Penn Station to the Meadowlands.
An off-peak ticket to "Meadowlands," purchased at a Long Island Rail Road or Metro-North station is all you need. It's the cost of a regular off-peak ticket, plus $11 for the NJ Transit portions of the trip. The Meadowlands ticket is not offered via MTA's TrainTime app, so you must purchase it from a ticket window or a ticket machine before boarding your train.
NJ Transit train crews check tickets onboard trains. Be sure to purchase a round-trip ticket before you go to avoid onboard ticketing fees. Customers without tickets from Penn Station to the Meadowlands will have to purchase them aboard NJ Transit trains, and will be subject to the $5 additional fee.
If you're traveling in a group, with children, or seniors, you can take advantage of LIRR fare discounts. Learn more about ways to save on fares.
- Check service status and train schedules before you go. Schedules are subject to change, and the connections from LIRR to NJ Transit are not direct. Plan your travel accordingly.
- Meadowlands tickets are not sold on-board LIRR/MNR trains or at Penn Station.
- Customers with LIRR tickets to Penn Station or Zone 1 should purchase Meadowlands tickets from NJ Transit windows/machines.
- Remember to take your ticket when changing trains.
- Long Island Rail Road and Metro-North tickets are valid for 60 days. Be sure to allow time to purchase tickets before boarding. Tickets are refundable within the validity period of 60 days, plus an additional two years, and are subject to a $10 processing fee per transaction.
- MetLife Stadium does not allow coolers or any oversized containers on their property. Check the MetLife Stadium guest policies prior to heading out for more details on what you can and cannot bring to the stadium.