It's, uh, not so nice out there, folks! ⛈️ We hope that everyone is staying safe amid the severe weather that's affecting our region.
If you're heading out this weekend, please use caution while traveling. Please note that some planned work we've included here may be subject to cancellation, especially on outdoor lines that have been affected by heavy rain. Check our homepage before you head out for the latest information, or sign up for real-time alerts to get those details as they happen.
Taking off from JFK Airport? Your best bet will be taking the train to Sutphin Blvd-Archer Av-JFK, LIRR to Jamaica, or train to Howard Beach, since trains won't be running in most of Queens.
Here's what else is happening this weekend:
trains aren't stopping at 14 St
trains aren't stopping at Van Cortlandt Park-242 St
- Manhattan-bound trains are running on the line in Brooklyn
trains aren't running between Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer and Crescent St
trains aren't running in Lower Manhattan
trains aren't running between 34 St-Herald Sq and Prospect Park
For more detailed breakdowns, keep on scrolling. We’ve also got travel alternatives for stations that will be closed or skipped.
And don't forget to sign up for the MTA Weekender, a newsletter sent every Friday. You'll get these service changes directly in your inbox, with more than enough time to plan your weekend travel. Subscribe here.
Major subway service changes
trains, Manhattan and Bronx
From 9:45 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday, uptown
trains are not stopping at 14 St, and uptown trains are running on the express track from Chambers St to:
This is because of accessibility upgrade work. For service to/from bypassed stations, take a downtown train and transfer, or consider using nearby
stations on 8 Av.
trains are not stopping at Van Cortlandt Park-242 St from 5:45 a.m. Saturday to 10 p.m. Sunday because of track maintenance.
- Free shuttle buses are running between Van Cortlandt Park-242 St and 238 St. Look for signs outside your station for walking directions to the shuttle bus stop.
trains are running between 238 St and South Ferry.
From 3:45 a.m. Saturday to 10 p.m. Sunday, there's no Manhattan-bound
service between Coney Island-Stillwell Av and 36 St. All Manhattan-bound trains will run on the between those stations. This is because of track replacement work.
- For Manhattan-bound service from these stations, take a Coney Island-bound train to 62 St/New Utrecht Av or Coney Island-Stillwell Av, then transfer.
- For service to these stations, take a Manhattan-bound train to 62 St/New Utrecht Av or 36 St, then transfer.
trains, Brooklyn and Queens
trains are not running between Crescent St and Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer in either direction from 11:45 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday because of track replacement.
- Free J90 shuttle buses are running between Crescent St and 121 St and connect with the at Jamaica-Van Wyck. Look for signs outside your station for walking directions to the shuttle bus stop.
- For Sutphin Blvd-Archer Av-JFK Airport and Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer, take the
- Transfer between
trains and shuttle buses at Jamaica-Van Wyck.
- When exiting at Crescent St or Jamaica-Van Wyck, get a GO ticket to re-enter the subway.
- For AirTrain JFK, use the Howard Beach-JFK Airport station. Transfer at Broadway Junction.
trains are running between Broad St and Crescent St.
trains, Manhattan and Brooklyn
trains aren't running between 34 St-Herald Sq and Prospect Park in either direction from 11:45 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday because of track replacement.
- Free Q90 shuttle buses are running between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and Prospect Park, making a stop at 7 Av. Look for signs outside your station for walking directions to the shuttle bus stop.
- For service to/from 14 St-Union Sq, Canal St, and Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr, take trains.
- For direct service between Midtown and Brooklyn, take trains. Transfer to/from trains at 34 St-Herald Sq and Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.
trains are running in two sections:
- Between 96 St and 34 St-Herald Sq.
- Between Prospect Park and Coney Island-Stillwell Av.
trains are running on the line between Atlantic Av-Barcays Ctr and Canal St in both directions from 11:45 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday because of track maintenance.
- For service to/from Court St, Whitehall St, Rector St, Cortlandt St, and City Hall, use nearby
trains are only running between Bay Ridge-95 St and 59 St, the last stop. Take trains to continue your trip.
- Reminder: Board
trains on the platform at Canal St.
Other service changes
trains are not stopping at 145 St and 191 St from 9:45 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday because of station improvement work.
- For service to/from bypassed stations, take a downtown train.
trains aren't stopping at Jackson Av from 4:45 a.m. to 10 a.m. Sunday because of track maintenance.
- For service to/from Jackson Av, take a Wakefield-bound train, or the Bx4 bus if traveling after 5:50 a.m.
- Note: Board all
trains on the Wakefield-bound platform at 3 Av-149 St.
From 1 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday,
service will run less often in the Bronx. Every other uptown train will end at 3 Av-138 St because of station improvement work.
- To continue your trip, transfer to a Pelham Bay Park-bound
train at 3 Av-138 St, or wait for a Pelham Bay Park-bound train at your origin station.
trains are running on the express track from Pelham Bay Park to Parkchester from 9:45 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday because of station improvement work.
- For service to/from bypassed stations, take a Pelham Bay Park-bound train.
trains are running on the express track from Mets-Willets Pt to 74 St-Broadway from 3:45 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday because of station improvement work.
- For service to/from bypassed stations, take a Flushing-bound train.
- Reminder: The Manhattan-bound platforms at 111 St and 82 St-Jackson Hts are closed 24/7 through Fall 2023 for rehabilitation work.
Long Island Rail Road service changes
Special schedules are in effect on most branches all weekend while we install track and switches at Floral Park and Hicksville.
- Huntington and Ronkonkoma trains will run every hour all weekend. Trains will only run to/from Penn Station during daytime hours. Transfer at Jamaica for service to Grand Central.
- Service between Huntington and Port Jefferson will be reduced to every two hours.
- Many trains on other branches will run on adjusted schedules and transfer times may change. Plan your trip with the TrainTime app.
- Eastbound Huntington and Ronkonkoma trains will skip Elmont-UBS Arena. Use a Hempstead Branch train instead.
Metro-North Railroad service changes
Port Jervis Branch
Trains are not running between Port Jervis and Suffern in either direction on Saturday and Sunday.
- Buses are running between Ramsey-Route 17 and all stations between Sloatsburg and Port Jervis.
- Trains are running between Hoboken and Suffern on a modified schedule. Express trains are not running.
- Riders traveling from Otisville and Salisbury Mills to Hoboken and New York should consider using the Middletown or Harriman stations instead. Only local bus service is available, which does not connect with the train at Ramsey-Route 17.
- Bus service begins with the 12:39 a.m. from Hoboken early Saturday morning and train service resumes with the 12:39 a.m. from Hoboken early Monday morning.
- See the full bus schedule here.
These service changes are subject to change, so check the MTA homepage before heading out; it's where you'll find up-to-the-minute information on subway, bus, and rail service. Our apps — MYmta and TrainTime — also provide real-time service information.
You can also contact us in real-time for help planning your trip. We’re reachable via phone, on Twitter, WhatsApp, and more.
See how to contact us.