Happy Thanksgiving, riders! This year — and every year, really — we're thankful for you.
If you're traveling this week or sticking around the city for the holiday, a heads up: Subways run on a Sunday schedule on Thanksgiving Day, and regularly for the rest of the weekend. There are also extra LIRR and Metro-North trains, and other changes — get more details.
We're also thankful that there are just a few subway service changes to know about over the weekend. Here's what's going on:
- trains aren't running between Inwood-207 St and 168 St
- trains aren't running between Norwood-205 St and 161 St-Yankee Stadium
- trains aren't running between Times Sq-42 St and Lexington Av/63 St
For more detailed breakdowns, keep on scrolling — we’ve also got travel alternatives for stations that will be closed or skipped.
While you're here, consider taking our latest Customers Count survey. Your feedback is invaluable to us, and will help us improve service for all of our customers. Plus, you could win a gift card! Get more details.
Major subway service changes
There's no service between 168 St and Inwood-207 St from 9:45 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday. This is because of rail, switch, and signal replacement work.
- Free shuttle buses are running on Broadway between 168 St and Inwood-207 St, and on Fort Washington Avenue between 168 St and 190 St. Look for signs outside affected stations to find the nearest shuttle bus stop.
- trains are running between 168 St and Far Rockaway/Ozone Park.
- Consider using nearby stations between 168 St and 207 St.
From 11:30 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday, trains are not running between 161 St-Yankee Stadium and Norwood-205 St in both directions, and downtown trains are not stopping at 155 St. This is because of structural maintenance work.
- trains are running between Coney Island-Stillwell Av and 161 St-Yankee Stadium.
- For service to/from 155 St, take an uptown train.
- For service between 161 St-Yankee Stadium and Bedford Park Blvd, take the .
- Norwood-205 St is connected by a free shuttle bus to Mosholu Pkwy . Transfer between the and the at 161 St-Yankee Stadium.
Trains are not running between Times Sq-42 St and Lexington Av/63 St in both directions from 10:45 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday because of track replacement work.
- trains are running in two sections:
- Between Coney Island-Stillwell Av and Times Sq-42 St, every 12 minutes.
- Between Lexington Av/63 St and 96 St, every 15 minutes.
- For service to/from 49 St and 57 St-7 Av, take trains.
- To continue your trip between the Upper East Side and Midtown/Brooklyn, transfer to/from an train at Lexington Av/63 St. You can transfer between the and at 34 St-Herald Sq.
- You can also take the from Lexington Av/59 St.
Other service changes
Downtown trains are running on the express track from Gun Hill Rd to E 180 St from 3:45 a.m Saturday to 10 p.m. Sunday because of track replacement work.
- For service to/from bypassed stations, take a Wakefield-bound train.
These service changes are subject to change, so check the MTA homepage before heading out; it's where you'll find up-to-the-minute information on subway, bus, and rail service. Our apps — MYmta and TrainTime — also provide real-time service information.
You can also contact us in real time for help planning your trip. We’re reachable via phone, on Twitter, WhatsApp, and more.